Day 3 - Saturday, August 16, 2008 - BENCH ASSISTANCE
Neutral Grip Pullups
- BW x 8, 8, 8, 6
- 3x10x45-lb dumbbells
- 3x12x25-lb dumbbells
- 35-lb dumbbells x 8, 8, 6
DE Squats off foam vs. green bands +4 chains aside *
Pin 1 Pulls vs. criss-crossed light bands
- 365x2 (worked up in Conventional, missed 3rd)
- 3x3x225 (sumo)
* The chains are 8-lbs apiece and the green bands do not provide enough tension at the top. Oh well.
I have changed the rotation of my days so that I don't bring so much gear to class. It sucks to lug around a belt and bands when you have notebooks and stuff!
Day 1 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - BENCH ASSISTANCE
Neutral Grip Pullups
- BW x 10, 10, 6, 6
- 3x12x40-lb dumbbells
- 2x10x35-lb dumbbells
I took it easy today since I did a heavier bench assistance day on Saturday.
Also, I tried riding to school on my bike with my Titan briefs on to cut down on time (so I didn't have to put them on at school). It was a stupid idea and I will never try it again! Don't ask me why, I just did.
Foam squats with Reverse Monster Minis (setup pin 5 from the bar) [suited]*
- 495x2 (straps down)
- 545x1 (straps up)
- 405x3 (straps down)
Lying single leg curls
- some weight x 10, 10
Hyperextensions vs. light band
- 4x10 (had some trouble with getting enough tension...again)
GHR vs. light band
- 2x3 (I completely suck at these with the band)
* The setup at school is different than @ Gold's so I'm going to count this as a PR. I don't remember how high the monster minis were at Gold's.
** My left lat started to act up again so I foam rolled it in between the leg curls. I don't know why so I only did a set.
I saw some dude with a purse today. I saw no girlfriend but he was walking with another dude. It was pretty weird. I mean the dude with the purse.
- 4x3x185 (medium)
- 4x3x185 (competition)
Shirted 3-board for triples *
- 355x1 (my lockout sucks major balls!)
- 335x2 (missed third, twice...not a good idea)
- 2x15x20-lb dumbbells
- 1x20x35-lb dumbbells
* My lockout is utter crap! I've hit 335 full range before but I can only manage a triple off a 3-board! 355 felt slow and ugly but I've missed it full range midway through the lift! This is stupid. I think the monster minis are way too much for speed work so I will work in something with chains or regular minis.
Speed Squats on Foam vs. Chains *
Pin 1 Pulls vs. X-Crossed Light Bands
- 3x3x275 (sumo)
* I spent a whole hour and a half trying to get as much tension out of the bands as possible! I was freaking exhausted by the end and I still didn't get enough tension!! I also have video of the 365 vs. chains and I will post it as soon as I buy the table for my apartment.
Seated Cable Rows
Dumbbell Bench [palms facing each other] (just wanted to try it for fun)
- 80s x 5, 8, 8
Rear Delt Stuff
- 35s x 10, 10, 6
I also messed around with the GHR a bit - I did some GHR vs. band holds at the top. I suck at static holds with the bands so I will work on these!! I also saw "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" yesterday and it was freakin cool!
Pin 1 Pull vs. Chains (chains add approx. 64-lbs @ the top)
Single Leg Curls
- 3x8 with 1 second holds @ the top
GHR vs. Light band
- 3x5 with 1 second holds @ the top
I need to do more accessory but I never know what to do!
Speed Bench (rawwwwww)
- 8x3x185 (3 wide, 3 med, 2 narrow)
Shirted Bench (technique work)
- 315x1 (no touch)
- 315x1xMISS (touched and mis-grooved the 2nd by completely flattening out)
Shirted Bench Holds
- 365x 3 seconds
- 405x 3 seconds
I believe that my shirt technique is crap. I tend to flatten out as soon as I press the weights up which is a big problem for me. I think with tweaks in technique I will be able to press bigger weights! I suck but not enough to lose to you, George!!!!!
Anyways, here is a plan that Jeff came up with that I am planning on using for the next four weeks. It looks promising!
Week 1: Reverse band raw bench for a triple
Week 2: Raw bench for a single, then a down set for a triple
Week 3: Shirted triples (3-5 sets)
Week 4: Reverse band shirted bench for a single, then a down set for a triple
I read a couple of articles from Elite on benching and I will try out the three-rep hold-breath type thing to perfect my technique! Anyways, my training for today...
Day 1 - Tuesday, September 2, 2008 - UPPER ASSISTANCE
Seated Row (called after a set because my lat was acting ghey)
- wide: 8xBW, 5xBW
- neutral grip wide: 5xBW, 5xBW
- 3x12x45-lb dumbbells
- 2x8x40-lb dumbbells
I skipped DE Lower because my parents had came for the weekend and now I have food for an entire week! Awesome.
Pin 1 Pull (sumo and RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!) *
- 495xMISS (missed @ knees)
Pin 3 vs. Quadded Minis
GHR vs. light band (holds)
- 10 sec. hold / 5 sec. hold / 8 sec. hold
* I decided to cheat by pulling on pin 1 rather than on the floor. The bar is about 3-4 inches off the floor. It is also a 30-lb PR.
I find that when I deadlift for more than doubles my left lat acts up so I am just working around it! The pulls vs. quadded minis kick my ass so I will perform them more often!
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users