My summer started here...
bench (full range)
- 245x3 (tied previous PR, damn)
- 25-lb db x 20, 15
- 15-lb db x 20, 20
some foam rolling...
Biking @ UCSD is such a bitch! Hills everywhere! Hills I didn't even know existed when I use to walk around campus! It's too much conditioning.
speed squats on foam (red box + yellow plate + foam)
pin 1 pulls (I am working on my technique, pulling BACK!)
- 4x3x315, I couldn't work up because I didn't have chalk or straps. I didn't have much space in my bag, it sucked.
leg curls (One of the stupid UCSD sports teams was working in the pit so I couldn't use the GHR)
No motivation to do anymore, I was pretty tired by the end of the day.
Day 3 - Saturday, August 9, 2008 - Upper Assistance
Seated Cable Rows
- 3x10x45-lb dumbbells
- 3x10x25-lb dumbbells
- 3x10x40-lb dumbbells
I will run a 3-week wave/1-week deload with ME bench after (smaller) sets of DE bench and most of my assistance work on the following Saturdays. It's something that Jeff and I are going to try. I will continue my lower days like I did at Gold's with the "group." Eat my dust, George!!
Speed Squats on Foam
- 5x3x315 *
Pin 1 pulls vs. criss-crossed light bands
GHR vs. light band
- 2x5 **
* I was breaking in my new briefs, Titan Dual Quad Boxer Briefs, so I added an extra rep per set. Hardcore, I know!
** I think the GHR @ Gold's is lower than @ school because the tension is much greater at the top. I will work on these.
I am also losing weight due to the ridiculous conditioning @ school and also because I swim @ my apartment pool @ night.
DE Bench vs. monster minis
- 5x3x155 *
Shirted Bench (full ROM)
- 335x1 (20-lb PR!)
- 355x1 **
Scapular Retractions (Reverse Shrugs)
- 25-lb dumbbells x 15, 12
* My speed work is too slow. I struggled with the last rep on the last few sets. I will lighten the weight.
** I missed 355 in the middle of the rep. I bring down the weights too slow causing me to lose my air. I will work on this.
I must find a balance between speed work and ME work so that I don't tire myself out and get the most out of ME.
Deadlift with Reverse Greens (pin 5 from the top, a little high)
Cheater Deadlifts with Reverse Greens at the highest setting (so I can beat George!!)
- 585xMISS *
* Out of gas! I didn't eat 3 hours prior so during the workout I felt hungry as hell! It's what happens when you're a cheap college student!
Oh yeah, before I forget, all lifts were done RAWWWWWWWW!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users